Squeaky/rattling dashboard anyone?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
smsmart

Man, I wish a dash rattle was the only rattle that I could hear in my Kizashi! I have rattles in the dash, in the driver's side door panel, somewhere in the sunroof, an audible "thump" in the front of the car when I hit certain bumps in the road, a buzzing noise coming from the center armrest when I accelerate sometimes... not mention the passenger's side dash often sounds like it's coming apart whenever I go over those little bumps that serve as lane dividers on the highways here in California.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed with all of these "noises" coming from the car. I mean, the car 'looks' like it was put together well, but it doesn't 'sound' like it was. I've often ridden in friends' car that cost half what I paid for my Kizashi and they sound more well put together :(
murcod

smsmart wrote:... an audible "thump" in the front of the car when I hit certain bumps in the road...
Glad I'm not the only one with that noise..... :(
David
ipaqxman

smsmart wrote:Man, I wish a dash rattle was the only rattle that I could hear in my Kizashi! I have rattles in the dash, in the driver's side door panel, somewhere in the sunroof, an audible "thump" in the front of the car when I hit certain bumps in the road, a buzzing noise coming from the center armrest when I accelerate sometimes... not mention the passenger's side dash often sounds like it's coming apart whenever I go over those little bumps that serve as lane dividers on the highways here in California.

Honestly, I'm really disappointed with all of these "noises" coming from the car. I mean, the car 'looks' like it was put together well, but it doesn't 'sound' like it was. I've often ridden in friends' car that cost half what I paid for my Kizashi and they sound more well put together :(
Thought I was the only one with the friggin buzz in cneter armrest. Totally feeling your sentiment. Drove a rental over the weekend. An impala that had 2000 miles. Looks like sheet, drove like sheet, but none of the annoying noises or suspension noises like my SLS. That said, my kizzy still my baby. Voom
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
Stodge

smsmart wrote:Man, I wish a dash rattle was the only rattle that I could hear in my Kizashi! I have rattles in the dash, in the driver's side door panel, somewhere in the sunroof, an audible "thump" in the front of the car when I hit certain bumps in the road, a buzzing noise coming from the center armrest when I accelerate sometimes... not mention the passenger's side dash often sounds like it's coming apart whenever I go over those little bumps that serve as lane dividers on the highways here in California.

You probably got a "friday afternoon" or "monday morning" car. Like mine.
Northernstar

There's an occasional buzzing coming from the top of the center console but that's about it.
fjroman2

I get that buzzing too...I was trying to figure out how to describe the sound the other day and I thought, "buzzing", so it's funny you guys have the same thought. It is kinda annoying, but it comes and goes.
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
Northernstar

the buzzing doesn't happen all the time and not very loud so i am fine with it
suzboy

My previous post said the dealer fixed it by applying lubricant on my ride. Well, the fix was only good for a day! The next day I drove to work the rattle is there.

I will give my dealer one more try (knowing they charge as rattle is not coveted under warranty).

I will probably live with it if they can't pin the cause down.

I just could imagine this happening to my one year old car..... But seeing some of your post saying rattles are everywhere in the car, I think I am the lucky one.

Good music and smooth ride will hopefully make me annoy that rattle...
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
murcod

Perhaps get them to show you where they lubricated? Then you might be able to fit some washers/ tighten the bolt/ lubricate the area yourself with something better?
David
CLLee

I've identified two of the above.
These applied to my car... could be different, but worth a shot.

1/ an audible "thump" in the front of the car when I hit certain bumps in the road
It's from the map lights above you. It's caused by the light covers coming loose. I got them after just 3 weeks of owning the car. I drove through train tracks everyday and used to drive me nuts!!! One night, as I was going through the tracks, I happened to push the light cover to turn the lights on. No 'thump' :)
I took the covers off, and jammed some blutac in and replaced the covers (all 3 of them). No 'thump' since. ;)

2/ a buzzing noise coming from the center armrest when I accelerate sometimes...
Mine's from the stuffs I put in there. After 2 years of ownership, I can conclude all the felt lining and padding in the Kizashi does NOTHING to cushion anything.
I blame the CVT. I think it causes objects in the car to vibrate ie. micro vibrations on key rings, or against coins etc.

I placed a small plush cloth inside the centre armrest to hold everything down and absorb the vibration. Usually works, until I open it to take something out and it starts all over again. :D
I've had the O-ring at the mouth of a mineral water bottle vibrating. :evil:

Hope these help ;)