Wet door panels?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
cca105983

So I've been installing a couple amps, subs and door speakers in my kizashi this week and I noticed something I didn't like at all. It drizzled for a couple hours here in NC and when it stopped raining I decided to continue working on the doors. I took off the door panels and noticed that the insides were soaked! What worried me the most is that the speakers were wet too. I looked in the speaker hole to see if there was a puddle but there was nothing, seems to have drained. I've heard something about wet door systems but was wondering if you guys could clarify for me. And if it's normal for them to be wet, is there any way to protect my speakers?
~tc~

How are the speakers mounted? In a plastic enclosure?
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
bootymac

That doesn't sound right. There should be a vapor barrier that keeps the interior side dry
LPSISRL

bootymac wrote:That doesn't sound right. There should be a vapor barrier that keeps the interior side dry
Often times there's a hole for the speakers in the vapor barrier. I don't know about the Kizashi.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

And there's always a small drain hole somewhere along the bottom edge (clogged?).....
bootymac

Attached is an exploded view of the front door panel
Attachments
2011 Service Manual.pdf
(299.53 KiB) Downloaded 221 times