Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
 #48763  by bmihalcin
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:27 pm
I have a 2010 Kizashi GTS FWD. In the past week, dash lights indicating "Service Engine", Hill Hold Disable" and "Service ESP". My local Suzuki dealer that's still in business checked it out and reset the lights. They indicated that they might come back on. If they do, it would need to have the ECM or throttle position sensor replaced. Has anyone had this happen and was it the ECM or the sensor?
Thanks!
 #48765  by KuroNekko
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:39 pm
When exactly did the lights come on? While driving? Starting the car?
These three warnings commonly come on after the battery gets weak and fails to start the car properly.
What's the condition of your battery?
 #48766  by bmihalcin
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:07 pm
The lights come on during start-up the last couple of really cold days. The battery seems to have enough energy to turn the car over, but I also think it's time to test the battery. Thanks!
 #48767  by LPSISRL
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:57 pm
Interesting coincidence. On Sunday I cleaned my PCV valve and checked my MAF sensor. (mass air flow) The MAF sensor is just past the air cleaner sitting right on top of the intake tube. It looked fine and I've read that you can make things worse by cleaning it improperly so I left it alone. I buttoned it all back up and backed it into the garage. On Monday morning I started it up and got the EXACT same 3 errors. Knowing I just cleaned the PCV and I figured it was related and not serious. I started driving to work anyway but the engine would slow and stall when coming to a stop light. Turned around and went home and put a ODBII code checker on it to check the codes. It had two but at the moment I can't recall them exactly. However one of them had to do with the MAF sensor. Went out to the garage and BINGO. The MAF sensor was not plugged back on properly. Plugged it back in, cleared the codes and it's been fine ever since.

So I'd try re-seating the MAF connector before anything else. At least it's a place to start.
 #48769  by Ronzuki
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:33 pm
bmihalcin wrote:I have a 2010 Kizashi GTS FWD. In the past week, dash lights indicating "Service Engine", Hill Hold Disable" and "Service ESP". My local Suzuki dealer that's still in business checked it out and reset the lights.

If I'm not mistaking, that's a very similar HUD gremlin I had before I replaced my battery (5+ years ago) and haven't seen since. Someone had asked "what gremlins" in another battery related post, and this post served as a reminder.
 #48771  by bmihalcin
 Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm
Other than these lights, the car runs flawlessly with no hesitation, rough running or stalling. I'm going to start with a battery and go from there.