Kizashi with roof vinyl wrap

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
Yipster

Hi guys,

Found an awesome place in Sydney that does vinyl wraps and thought I'd share it.

The owner (Mike) is a top bloke too, highly recommended!

http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au/

Cheers,
Attachments
Top Side.JPG
Top Side.JPG (58.19 KiB) Viewed 12487 times
Top Back.JPG
Top Back.JPG (38.4 KiB) Viewed 12487 times
Azztex

Looks better than I thought it would, I've been looking at some of the carbon fibre accessories that are available for my silver sport
Yipster

If you are just after looks (and not weight reduction) and want to save a bit of money, you could just get your spoiler and side mirrors wrapped in carbon fibre wrap to get the same effect.

You should look up "Karbon Kizashi" on the internet to get an idea what it'd look like. The QLD dealers dressed up some Kizashis as a promotion.
Tamstaz

Hi I like how the roof looks - is it a gloss finish?. I used the "Suzuki smart start" paint and repairs option that I was given free for a year (trust me the car needs it with the paint) They repaired over 45 chips!! after that I decided to wrap my bonnet. I was quoted up to $550 to do it. I went to Super cheap auto, bought the cheapest roll and a set of plastic squegies, and a spray bottle which cost all up around $70.00. It took my boyfriend and I around 2 hours to get the job done. Im happy with the job that we completed -not bad for a set of beginerss!! LOL I hope the pic turns out ok
Vinyl carbon fibre bonnet wrap
Vinyl carbon fibre bonnet wrap
IMAG0329.jpg (227.53 KiB) Viewed 11116 times
murcod

Is that a single sheet? Awesome job for your first attempt.

If you ever need to take it off, Eucalyptus oil works the best for removing the sticky residue. (Found that out removing the factory stripes from a 4yo vehicle I used to own. Was that ever a painful and time consuming job! Prepsol didn't even dissolve the left behind glue.)
David
SamirD

I like the idea of wrapping the Kizashi, but what about our paper thin paint and the tendancy for it to pull off? Wouldn't there be a chance to pull off the paint when removing the vinyl?
Tamstaz

Hi David, thanks for your comments - yes we are happy with how it turned out. It is one sheet although the bonnet is so large that it didn't quite make the other side of the bonnet - so we had to measure and cut a small section for the right hand side of the bonnet - but it matches up ok and isnt too noticeable.
Will keep in mind the removal process - I don't plan on removing it for quite some time - as it is protecting the bonnet - and I wasn't really happy with the touch ups - as you can still see where they have been painted -as they just drop a little paint in the chip - so still noticeable.
bootymac

Wow, that looks great for a DIY effort. Any plans to wrap other panels?
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Wow, that looks great for a DIY effort. Any plans to wrap other panels?
A matte black Kizashi would look quite sick. 8-)
Tamstaz

Ohh forgot to add - as for the wrap pulling off the paint - no I don't think it will do that - we were fiddling with it for 2 hours - peeling it on and on to get it just right -with no issues. If it was to peel off paint I dont think there would be businesses that just do wraps for a living. Reality is - if i didnt wrap the bonnet the chips would have been just as bad in a few years to the point where it would have to be re sprayed -so either way if I peel it back in a few years and the paint does come off - then same out come. I just couldn't stand looking at the bonnet covered in chips - it was just so disappointing -at least now I have individualized my car, protected it and I once again like looking at it!! : )
No plans to do any other wrapping at this stage