The Led Strip on top of Headlights

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Chris6748h

Another
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (323.66 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
11zukizashi

but they would never be on by themselves like that when you are driving unless you turned off the drls somehow
Chris6748h

Yes they are on by themselves I disabled the stick drl. And have those on as the drl.
11zukizashi

how did you disable the stock drl??
Chris6748h

There is a plug inside cabin down below to the right, there is a diagram in the DIY section. You do lose your high beams though. Drl is just high beam at lower voltage. Not a big deal to me as I never use them anyway
cca105983

Can you please tell me where you purchased your leds? A direct link would awesome so I can get the same color.
PittsburghJoe

I'm trying to do this install and I want them to come on whenever the ignition is turned on. I thought if I bought a fuse tap and tapped in to one of the engine compartment fuses that the particular accessory such as headlights or heated mirrors etc. only come on when the car is on I would be set but my LEDs are on all the time even when the car is completely off. Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
~tc~

You need a switched power circuit, it sounds like you tapped into a constant on circuit where the item is switched.

The other option would be to make your own "switched power" with a relay (but you still need to find a switched circuit to use as the trigger)
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
PittsburghJoe

~tc~ wrote:You need a switched power circuit, it sounds like you tapped into a constant on circuit where the item is switched.

The other option would be to make your own "switched power" with a relay (but you still need to find a switched circuit to use as the trigger)
Great, so are there any switched circuits in the under hood fuse box that you know of? I didn't try every one of them but I tried several.