Touch Up Paint-Azure Grey

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
twoqttsdad

After waiting over a month my dealership got me a touch paint pen. The color code and the pen matches the code on my passenger door jam but it's noticeably darker. The pen is labeled with the color as midnight/mineral gray but has the same color code of ZMW as my car. My car color is azure gray.

I checked out the Color Rite website and it lists the ZMW color code as azure gray but the pen describes it as midnight/mineral gray.

Has anyone had the same experience? Thanks.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
SamirD

<-- Makes mental note to check this thread before buying any type of touchup paint. 8-)
KuroNekko

Get your touch ups here:
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/?A=437 ... %20paint_e

I used them for my Black Pearl Metallic and the color match was perfect.
Suzuki apparently does not offer touch up paint themselves. When I asked my local Suzuki dealer, they stated that Suzuki actually has a third party make it for them and the dealer would just have to order it for me. Basically, they act as the middleman.

This site also apparently makes spray cans of your paint which is pretty awesome.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
twoqttsdad

Thanks. Checked out the website. It had the color I was looking for. I also noticed that a clear coat pen was offered that said it was required for protection and color match. Now I'm wondering if the paint pen I have is actually the correct color but looks darker only because I didn't clear coat it afterwards. Going to try the clearcoat pen.
My dealership could've just told me that he touch up paint was "aftermarket". Seemed like they just wanted to make a buck off of me.
2012 SLS
Azure Grey
FWD CVT
KuroNekko

I also have the clear coat from the site. However, mine isn't a pen for either the touch-up or the clear coat. Both are small bottles with a little brush attached to the cap.
I don't think the clear coat will have an effect on the color. My color was a perfect match alone without the clear coat applied.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)