Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
 #48919  by Woodie
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:56 pm
Not really a recall, but a notice of extended warranty due to a defect. Just got it yesterday. Says that the engine block might crack where the head bolts go in near the ends of the block. 20 year unlimited mileage warranty on the engine block itself.
 #48921  by Ronzuki
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:29 pm
Woodie... any VIN ranges listed on that notification? thanks
 #48922  by LPSISRL
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:35 pm
Wow. Really? Hard to imaging that the block changed from model your to model year. I wonder why later years are not included.
 #48923  by KuroNekko
 Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm
LPSISRL wrote:Wow. Really? Hard to imaging that the block changed from model your to model year. I wonder why later years are not included.

It's likely not a design or material issue but an incorrect torque issue. That's my guess.
 #49423  by redmed
 Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:01 am
Anyone have a problem with the block?
 #49435  by Ronzuki
 Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:31 pm
redmed wrote:Anyone have a problem with the block?

I have to add a bit of coolant every now and again, so it's going somewhere... :roll:
 #49441  by KuroNekko
 Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:07 pm
Ronzuki wrote:
redmed wrote:Anyone have a problem with the block?

I have to add a bit of coolant every now and again, so it's going somewhere... :roll:

Adding to the radiator or the reservoir? The reservoir isn't sealed and pressurized so some loss is expected from evaporation, I think. I saw this in every vehicle I've owned without a pressurized reservoir.
 #49445  by Ronzuki
 Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:14 am
Reservoir...I never let any vehicle fall below "low" on the bottle when the cars are cold. Drawing in air is the debil. This doesn't seem like evap to me...it's more often than that. Never needed to add as much to any other vehicle I've owned this long. Maybe some to evap, but not this much. As long as operating temp remains normal, the oil coming out looks good and there's nothing major disappearing or laying on the ground, I'm good w/ it. If it is the cracked block syndrome, then it's going to need to demonstrate some seriously negative symptoms before I entertain doing anything about it. Engine is purring along smooth, quiet, and strong. Ain't broke, don't fix. :drive: