Whiteline rear sway bar and links ordered.

Let others know about your performance modifications, and help members find the parts they want.
murcod

Quick question - does the Whiteline bar use the factory D bush metal mounting brackets, or do they supply new ones to suit the bushes?

(The reason I'm asking is you can buy "universal" D mount brackets and 15mm universal polyurethane bushes to suit..... it's another option for fitting harder bushes to the stock bar.)
David
Wonson92

They use the stock brackets but I had mine altered, Pedders put on some wider thicker brackets for me because they said imprezzas often snapped theirs when changing the bar and ours are thinner on a heavier car with more power so they recomended it and did it for free. Basically look identical pretty much just chunkier side by side. The stock bars 16mm I think isnt it? i'm STILL on a mission to get a strut bar made for me, not one place has reply.

in addition i was on the receiving end of an idiots front end as they did a u-turn the other day. Took out my fog light, scratched all the way down to centre grille and crinkled my personalised plates and 'forgot' to leave a note. Needless to say thats now my top priority in terms of car spending. New plates printed alone are like $200. Heart shattering.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
murcod

That sucks - so you've got no idea who did the damage?

Thanks for the info regarding the brackets, any idea what brand/ part number brackets they used to replace yours?
David
Wonson92

No idea at all... I do know that it was black, they left more paint than they took which gives me at least some satisfaction. They dent they left has popped out and everything sort of went back to how it should, so I just need my front bar resprayed and a new plate holder. Hopefully all getting done this friday.

i *THINK* it was an oem STI bracket but im not 100% sure, they had them on hand and customised them a little bit to fit in and look stock. It only took them about 10 minutes to do but i didnt watch them so i cant say exactly how easy it was.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Wonson92

Sorry, just to clarify i actually meant the plate that you mount it to not the d bush bracket, i dont know why it crossed my mind but we were calling that a backet not knowing the actual name of it when the work was being done. I dont know if that even has a name? My mistake. The D Bush brackets are still stock, its the arm that you mount the bar to that i've altered.
2011 Premium Silver XL