Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
 #52304  by KiZoo
 Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:29 pm
NickL wrote:Well, I recently put the winter tires on my Kizzy. I decided to stick within the factory recommendations and bought the 215 55 tyres for 17 inch rim from Suzuki Vitara. I think that the rims look nice, but the width of the tyre is a bit narower and that's what I don't like. It is a bit difference between 18 inch and 235 tyre width. The car looks a bit funnier with this narower tyres but nevertheless, I think these rims with black and silver polished spokes match up good with the rest of the car. ....

Lovely car! My SE is plagued with the amber side marker lamps - of which, one of mine is cracked. Replacement is close to $80. Really like the clean badgeless look! Def needs the big "S" on the trunk lid.

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk
 #52314  by NickL
 Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:42 pm
Thanks!

When the car came into my hands, it was totally debagded from the back. I had the idea to put the "Suzuki" and "Kizashi" signs on the trunk, but then I gave up at the end. However I did mount the big S in the middle and I like how it looks now.

I will also definitely have to remove this ugly black stripe that the previous owner mounted on top of the rear bumper. I don't like it at all....
 #52392  by NickL
 Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:05 pm
Today was beatifull weather even though it is November and I decided to take my Kizashi for a spin few kilometers on a German Highway.

I was playing with the gearbox to see what this car can, and boy it can really put a smile on a mans face. From crusing around at 100 km/h downshifting in 3rd gear the engine jumps to arround 4800 rpm and with full gas start pulling aggressively ahead until it reaches red zone. Then quick upshifting one gear and starst to pul further. I tested the acceleration from 160 to 200 km/h and car doesn't seem to show a lack of agility and is always ready to constantly deliver power on front wheels. I reached around 220 km/h in 5th gear and couldn't go further because of Traffic, but I swear there is a bit more sugar left, to the 230 or maybe even 240 km/h.
The car really justifies that sporty look. It surely isn't a true sports car but if a man knows how to push it to it's limit, especially with the manual stick shifts, it will surely put the smile on a face. And the whole car seems so stabil on high speeds. For a 4 cylinder naturally aspirated engine, it is a wonder. I could sware that under that bonnet lies more than 200 hp...

I read many test drives of Kizashi from some magazines years ago, and funny thing is that many of these people all the time layed out how Kizashi even though has 180 hp, it is underpowered car that has a high consumption with less performance. That is simply not true, and I wonder if these people really ever knew how to use the power and driving capabilities of this beatifull car...
 #52403  by SAEED_KIZZY
 Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:48 am
NickL wrote:Today was beatifull weather even though it is November and I decided to take my Kizashi for a spin few kilometers on a German Highway.

I was playing with the gearbox to see what this car can, and boy it can really put a smile on a mans face. From crusing around at 100 km/h downshifting in 3rd gear the engine jumps to arround 4800 rpm and with full gas start pulling aggressively ahead until it reaches red zone. Then quick upshifting one gear and starst to pul further. I tested the acceleration from 160 to 200 km/h and car doesn't seem to show a lack of agility and is always ready to constantly deliver power on front wheels. I reached around 220 km/h in 5th gear and couldn't go further because of Traffic, but I swear there is a bit more sugar left, to the 230 or maybe even 240 km/h.
The car really justifies that sporty look. It surely isn't a true sports car but if a man knows how to push it to it's limit, especially with the manual stick shifts, it will surely put the smile on a face. And the whole car seems so stabil on high speeds. For a 4 cylinder naturally aspirated engine, it is a wonder. I could sware that under that bonnet lies more than 200 hp...

I read many test drives of Kizashi from some magazines years ago, and funny thing is that many of these people all the time layed out how Kizashi even though has 180 hp, it is underpowered car that has a high consumption with less performance. That is simply not true, and I wonder if these people really ever knew how to use the power and driving capabilities of this beatifull car...

wow 220Km/h fantastic big plus for MT.
 #52404  by NickL
 Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:19 am
Yes it is, but as I already mentioned, car can go surely 230 km/h and most probably a bit more.

The sad things is that Kizashi wasn't offered in 4x4 but with manual transmission. That would have been ever more fun to drive!
 #52408  by Tom Kizzie
 Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 pm
220-230 is wat i read where the 230 had another rxhaust already. First time i took it to 220 i thought the same as you... That i would get around 230. Maybe have to try it in germany also. Others times i tried it also was stuck at 220. It has to go 225-230 if you want a 215 for real so though you reach 220 quick i hoped for a bit higher topspeed :drive: