Deep Sea Blue Metallic SLS - (less) Beige Interior

Post videos and photos of your Kizashi.
alandee83

Since there seems to be relatively few Deep Sea Blue Metallic owners (sounds like mostly because of the beige-overloaded interior), I thought I'd post pics now that I've finished my interior modification - painted vents, door handle and switch areas black, added wood to center console and around instrument panel, black berber floor mats.

I would like to hear opinions on tinting the windows - which ones, %, none?
Thanks.
Attachments
DSC01532.JPG
DSC01513.JPG
Last edited by alandee83 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
metatrox

Looks MUCH Better! It actually looks like how they should have done it from the start.

Not a fan of the wood but it works well.

What did you use to paint? Krylon Fuzion?
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
kumar

I have the same trim in same color....how much you spent for modification and sources from where you bought accessories?

Thanks
alandee83

Krylon Fusion - Flat Black - Walmart - $10
This took the most time taking the four door panels off and apart, masking off the tweeter grills on the front doors, painting. The vents pop out pretty easily. Painted 5 months ago - doesn't scratch off.

Lloyd TruBerber Floor Mats - Black - AutoAnything.com - $125

Sherwood Dash Kit - Genuine Rosewood - AutoAnything.com - $140
kumar

Thanks!! I might plan doing this in a couple of months...
TheHolyGhost

Nice job! Very clean.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
BillyTheKiz

I have a Deep Sea Blue Metallic SE. Would love to tone down the beige!
2010 Kizashi SE - FWD | CVT
alandee83

I thought about painting the bottoms of the doors black, except for the speaker grilles, but then I thought it might be too much.

I really like the beige and black look (one reason for buying the Mazda6 I traded in for my Kizashi) so if you have any other ideas, please share.
BillyTheKiz

This color combo including the exterior wasn't my first choice - but I was in a tight spot when it came down to financing. They didn't have any other SE models in the price range I demanded to be in. Might be looking into the blacked out window switch surrounds like you did here. It looks WAY better.
2010 Kizashi SE - FWD | CVT
gaww

alandee83 wrote:Krylon Fusion - Flat Black - Walmart - $10
This took the most time taking the four door panels off and apart, masking off the tweeter grills on the front doors, painting. The vents pop out pretty easily. Painted 5 months ago - doesn't scratch off.

Lloyd TruBerber Floor Mats - Black - AutoAnything.com - $125

Sherwood Dash Kit - Genuine Rosewood - AutoAnything.com - $140
How difficult was it to do the Rosewood Dash Kit? The service manual makes it look like they just are held in by clips - but would like to be sure.

Ditto for the swing door and center consul.

PS - on tinting if you have not done it already. I did I believe 30% on sides and rear. It was supposed to cut down heat about 80% and of course UVA/UVB shield.