Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Non-Suzuki related topics. Anything can go here.
 #51092  by Ronzuki
 Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:58 pm
Response from my brother to the above Forbes article (I censored the expletive's):

"This is exactly why we have so many ECM, TCM, BCM, you-name-it-CM issues. We can see the encrypted code and it blocks us, blocks our scanners. The only fix is a reflash or replacement (usually the case) depending on the bugs in the code. Now you know why I don’t want to buy a new car. Anything with a smart radio system is subject to this. Any car that can send a signal out can get F**KED. Signal out is essentially confirmation back and providing ‘whoever’ the green light for a reflash to occur. This is what hackers know and do. This can f**k every module in the car of which there are too many. Enjoy your Mazda!"

I can't tell you, literally I can't, the ungodly amount of time and money that is spent remedying these problems before these vehicles are cleared to the block for sale. Unfortunately, this all gets rolled back in to the price, and/or, the seller loses money, which then, negatively affects trade-in prices you are offered. See where all this BS is heading? You would most certainly not believe me if were able to tell you the dollar figures.

BTW, he still daily drives his early 2000s Trailblazer that he's maintained everything on himself since new. He wants a new vehicle, and really needs one, because it's at that age (and his as well) where it is simply turning in to a repair every couple weeks or so, minor and annoying stuff mostly, but needless to say....
 #51105  by KuroNekko
 Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:01 am
Have your brother get a manual Kizashi. Reliable and simple yet nice to drive. Got the right amount of tech without all the unnecessary stuff, IMO.
:lol:
 #51112  by Ronzuki
 Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:58 am
He's a big dude...you should see him getting into and out of mine...it's comical. 6'-2" maybe and a solid 250ish. His head hits the roof because of the drop in the headliner for the sunroof.

It is note-worthy that I consider the Kizashi to be low-to-no tech anymore. There's a few things in there that can screw ya good should they fail, but the hackability aspect certainly isn't on the radar and it absolutely does not attempt to do any of the driving for me.
 #51169  by Ronzuki
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:11 pm
Distracted-Driver Assist Technology....FAIL...

Walter Huang, a 38-year-old Apple software engineer, was driving his Tesla Model X in Mountain View in autopilot mode at about 70 mph when it crashed into a safety barrier (while playing a game on his iPhone). Cool coder, dude.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/ ... lot-issues