LED headlights

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
n8dogg

KuroNekko wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:50 am What Kelvin color temp are your LED bulbs?
My LED's are running 6000k...that seems to be most prevalent on the market. I've seen 3000k yellow but not much else. I did just place an order for 4300k HIDs for my main lights will probably throw my halogens back in the fogs for now, considering getting yellow though.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
KuroNekko

n8dogg wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:36 am
KuroNekko wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:50 am What Kelvin color temp are your LED bulbs?
My LED's are running 6000k...that seems to be most prevalent on the market. I've seen 3000k yellow but not much else. I did just place an order for 4300k HIDs for my main lights will probably throw my halogens back in the fogs for now, considering getting yellow though.
Are you going to put the LEDs you have in the high beams or return them due to the "recall"?
I also have a pair of 4300K HID bulbs I need to install for the low beams. I bought just the bulbs from TRS on clearance and got ones that use a Philips capsule (these only come in 4300K). My LED high/DRL bulb is now malfunctioning consistently so when I have time, I'm going to replace the bulbs for both low and high beams. After serval years of service from both kits, can't say I'm disappointed. The 5000K HID low beam bulbs work but just don't seem as bright as they used to be. I also need to polish my headlights... so much to do.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

KuroNekko wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:29 am Are you going to put the LEDs you have in the high beams or return them due to the "recall"?
I thought about it, but I'm going to return them, put my money somewhere else. The Sylvania Silverstar Ultra halogens work good for me as the high beams. As you know, they don't suffer from the same frequency of burning out as they primarily operate as the daytime running lights...yes they're on all the time but under a lighter load, they last so much longer.
n8dogg

I'm done fooling with bulbs for now...this is what I settled on. 6000k LED head lights and yellow fogs to help in poor visibility (rain/fog). I just can't bring myself to spend $150+ for reputable HIDs. I tried the cheap ones in a 4300k off Amazon and was sorely disappointed. Maybe there's a way to set them up better, but for the cost and simplicity, the LEDs were just WAY easier! If I ever cross this road again, I'll see if I can find LEDs in a warmer color, I think that would be the perfect solution. Right now there's very little selection for LEDs other than 6000k.
KuroNekko

I can't blame you. HID kits aren't the easiest things to work with but I think they are better for long term service with more predictable and consistent performance. While most LEDs have a service life rated in the tens of thousands of hours, that's actually only for the emitters themselves. Other components like the drivers, circuit board, fans, etc. don't last that long. In fact, my LED kit is now reliably malfunctioning and should be replaced. My older HID kit is still working properly.
The hopeful thing is that LED kits are constantly improving with better automotive-intended emitters and designs. HIDs are now past their heyday and even the reputable HID kit brands are focusing more on LEDs.
NickL

Hey Guys. I have a question, actually two questions regarding the lights on Kizashi.

I have HID lights on my car and I am very happy with it. However, what I don't like in the headlights are the small yelow lightbulbs which is used as standing light. I don't know the exact word in English but i hope you understand what I want to say. Those are the small bulbs that turn on before we actually turn on lower Beam.

Anyway, these lights are goldish yellow and the HID bulbs are bluish white. It is a contrast that I don't like, and thats why i want to replace these yellow bulbs with Led bulbs.
I allready did that with my previous car and these bulbs lasted around a year or so and then one of these started to blink from time to time. So this time I intend to put sone higher quality bulbs that are going to last at least a decent time before they turn into Disco light. Can you recommend me some of these quality bulbs?

And the second question is do I need to remove the entire front Bumper when I want to change these small bulbs? I know that I have to do it when replacing low or high beam bulbs but what about these standing lights?

Thanks in advance. Any help will be appriciated.
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
SAEED_KIZZY

NickL wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:44 pm Hey Guys. I have a question, actually two questions regarding the lights on Kizashi.

I have HID lights on my car and I am very happy with it. However, what I don't like in the headlights are the small yelow lightbulbs which is used as standing light. I don't know the exact word in English but i hope you understand what I want to say. Those are the small bulbs that turn on before we actually turn on lower Beam.

Anyway, these lights are goldish yellow and the HID bulbs are bluish white. It is a contrast that I don't like, and thats why i want to replace these yellow bulbs with Led bulbs.
I allready did that with my previous car and these bulbs lasted around a year or so and then one of these started to blink from time to time. So this time I intend to put sone higher quality bulbs that are going to last at least a decent time before they turn into Disco light. Can you recommend me some of these quality bulbs?

And the second question is do I need to remove the entire front Bumper when I want to change these small bulbs? I know that I have to do it when replacing low or high beam bulbs but what about these standing lights?

Thanks in advance. Any help will be appriciated.
it is a T10 standard lamp I replaced with Phillips T10 about 3 years ago and it looks nice and works great I think.

Yes, you need to remove the headlight to replace it.
KuroNekko

Saeed is right. These bulbs (I call them Position lights) are T10 bulbs. I have some made by PIAA that I've had in my Kizashi for several years with no issues. If you get name-brand bulbs, they should work well and last a long time. I recommend brands like PIAA, Philips, Sylvania, Carmate, etc.
Also as Saeed stated, you need to remove the bumper to gain access to any of these bulbs, really. The position/standing bulb is located directly under the high beam bulb. Here's my write-up on it:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2141
NickL

Thanks a lot guys. I choosed and ordered Phillips LEDs T10 and looking forward to install them when they arrive.

And what about the fog lights? I saw that some of the guys are replacing foglight bulbs with LED. However, I am convinced that on poor weather conditions such as fog, rain or snow, the yellow ligtt coming from halogen bulb will be the best to improve visibility down on the road. Or am I wrong?

What kind of bulbs Kizashi has in foglights? Is it H11?
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
Woodie

Fog lights are H11, low and high beam are H7. This image courtesy of KuroNekko:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency