Kizashi Club

Your Kizashi Owners Club and Forum 

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
 #49649  by Dsp
 Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:12 pm
Hello!

I'm having issues with my 2010 Suzuki Kizashi. It seems that the car is having issues idling properly. When started, it usually shoots up up about 1500 RPM before coming back down to 200-400, causing the car to vibrate, and then about 95% of the time, it goes back up to about 700RPM and idles there normally. The other 5% of the time, the car shuts off, and I need to start it again.

I've run an ODB Scanner and received the two codes listed in the title:

P050A - Idle Air Control Valve Sensor

P0355 - Powertrain

I've cleaned the throttle body, as per other recommendations for the P050A alert. However, I'd still like to check/replace the idle air control valve and sensor. I've so far been unable to locate it, and my Google searches have ended without any luck.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for how to resolve this issue? Can anyone provide me with a photo of the sensor/valve so I can search for it online? Or if anyone knows of where to get it, that'd be awesome.
 #49661  by bdleonard
 Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:04 pm
As far as I know, there is no separate idle air control on the Kizashi. The idle is wholly handled by the ECM using the electronic throttle body. So long as the throttle body is clean, the wiring ok, and the throttle plate responds appropriately to the gas pedal, that probably isn't the issue.

Your other code is P0335 which the service manual states is "Crankshaft Position Sensor “A” Circuit" which if it or its wiring is malfunctioning can certainly be the cause of all of the problems you described.
 #50776  by Snook_86
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:01 am
Hi,
Have you solve this issue on your Kizashi? I'm having the same problem with my Kizashi 2010 - the code P050A is causing me some issues, and my mechanic recommended me to replace it. Here is the part number of the idle air control valve. Hope it helps.

ACTUATOR INTK CONTROLLER VALVE - 13471-80J00

You can look this on Partsouq.com and then type the part number, and there will be a diagram.
Also, you can find it here: https://www.suzukicarparts.com

I live in Dallas, TX and called the dealership a few days ago and they told me it costs around $175.00 and it will take around 1 month to arrive. I also called a dealership in Mexico and they told me it cost $70 dlls / $1,500 pesos w/taxes

This part is located on top of the serpentine belt, on the back of the engine, you need to remove the cover to find it. My mechanic showed it to me, and its easy to remove (the cover and the Idle Air Valve Sensor.)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.53.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.53.32 PM.png (2.2 MiB) Viewed 145 times
Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.47.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.47.41 PM.png (267.58 KiB) Viewed 145 times
 #50780  by bdleonard
 Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:00 pm
Snook_86 wrote:Hi,
Have you solve this issue on your Kizashi? I'm having the same problem with my Kizashi 2010 - the code P050A is causing me some issues, and my mechanic recommended me to replace it. Here is the part number of the idle air control valve. Hope it helps.

ACTUATOR INTK CONTROLLER VALVE - 13471-80J00


That is not an idle control valve, since it is not connect to the air intake in front of the throttle body. It appears to be the IMT actuator for the variable length intake manifold system the Kizashi uses. The idle is wholly controlled by the ECU and the electronic throttle body, though could be impacted by other problems with the intake such as obstructions or vacuum leaks.